Updated: Jun 6, 2021
The native ancestors of this land tell of lessons we could learn from animals by observing each animal's strengths, instincts, reactions and special qualities. For example; Frogs live on land and water and teach us to be adaptable; Beavers work hard to build their dam and teach us to be purposeful; Raccoons get into everything and teach us to be curious; etc.,
Explore animals in nature with your family and then try the following kids activities.
Activity: Build and Match totems of your favourite animals.
What To Do:
* Draw animals whose qualities you admire (feel free to use any that I have provided).
* Make 2 copies (laminate for extended use).
* Cut out the pieces (i.e., separate each animal).
* Colour and stack a set, totem style.
* Ask children to match with the second set.
* Erase with wet cloth (if laminated) and re-use.
Click Below To Download the Sample Activity!
Check out my next post to know what animal I chose and why.